Updating "duplicate" products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating "duplicate" products

Is there any way to update an original or master product, which refreshes all the duplicates?

We used a Mole End product in version 6 to achieve this, and I was not surprised when this superb feature was added to v7 - but I can't see a way to update the clones without visiting each one & clicking on "Reset".

[Background: we sell accessories for over 1300 models of mobile phones from 26 brands. Example: we offer a headset for 330 phones with Bluetooth. If we change the master "headset" product's price, I don't want to work through 1300 subsections to find the 330 duplicates to reset them! There's got to be - I hope! - some way to update the master, and have the changes implemented to all duplicates...]

V6 still live at www.orate.co.uk, but currently updating and upgrading in V7.

Thanks
    Rich

Alas not fully - some of the fields are updated automatically in the dupe (eg: price) but not all - you can go to the dupe and hit reset to original but there is no proper way of tracking all the dupes at the moment. This is on the wish list for the next release as has been covered many times on here.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks...

Thank you for the prompt response. Is there a way to find out which fields do / don't get updated? Price is a great one, but I'm curious about others so I can work around the current situation (while waiting for the next version).
      Rich

Comment

Not at an Actinic PC at the moment but probably worth just creating a new dummy product with known fields and properties and then creating a dupe - change the master and see what happens in the dupe. From memory all the auto-updated fields are greyed out in the duplicate

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hello Richard,

I can give you a program to update the fields if you like (this is the beta of a little product I am writing), send me an email to let me know which fields you need to update.

The fields that will update in Actinic are :

Product Reference
          Componets, Attributes and Choices --- very useful that one.
          Prices

there might be more as well, not sure.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

thanks

Thanks Jont, and Jan

Jan, an email is under way to you.
            Rich

Comment

Working...
            X