Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help needed setting up a layout

Hi

I am building a shop at the moment using actinic developer.

Basically i want it so that when a visitor clicks on a section, it appears with a list of sub sections. Now i want this page to appear with 3 columns if you like.

The first column has all of the list of the sub categories on there, the second column will have 3 or 4 promotional banners and then in the 3rd column we want to drop in some text which will be pretty static. I have attatched an image with a basic outline of how i would like the page to look.

Now what i would like to know is it possible to tweek the templates in actinic so that in the frst column there is a list of the categories and then in the second column it drops in fragments? If so, which templates do i alter, i have been having a play this afternoon but have had no luck as yet

thanks

MArtin
    Attached Files

This is doable by applying the multi column layout information from the Advanced User Guide to a copy of Act_Primary.html saved to a new name, then using embedded html, hand coding links in your first fragment for column 1, hand code the banner images in a second fragment for column 2 and hand code the image tag into your 3rd column fragment.

Probably take some trial and error to get it right, and maybe using tables in the fragments to help with lining things up.

It could also be coded in one fragment using tables with your 3rd column image using the rowspan cell property.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
    X