Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic not confirming orders

Hi

A new problem has just started intermittently. I have had a few instances recently where orders have been received but according to Actinic, payment authorisation has not. The orders then sit in the Pending Payment Provider Authorisation file. However when checking with Worldpay the payment has been received.

This means that I now have to check every order which is a bit of a pain. It has only recently started happening and I dont know why-most of the time its fine.

I am using Actinic 6.4.1, Worlpay is payment provider and it is hosted on CaraNet.

Any ideas?

This will happen when the user exits from the Worldpay pages instead of coming back to your site. Are you receiving the order notification emails (do you gety these in v6)? If so, the user is returning to your site and the problem is elsewhere.

Can you look at the raw server logs for these visitors and see what their path is after entering checkout?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Is worldpay different from the other PSPs in this respect? Secpay and Protx make a payment confirmation call back that is independent of the shopper returning to the invoice page.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Mike

After an order is made Actinic is supposed to send a confirmation email to customers - but doesn't always, this has been happening since we started 2 years ago but generally is not a problem because I do receive confirmation emails whether or not the customer does - except of course when an order has gone through to Worldpay but not been seen by Actinic. Is this just a general bug in 6? Can I do anything to improve it?

Comment

Hi Bill

It seems to be that I only ever fail to get a notification on the orders which have not been seen by Actinic (but have goe through to Worldpay). Is this what you would expect from the situation you describe above/ If this is normal for 6 is there anything I can do about it?

I have just had one customer place an order on 31 August, only just notified me she has not received goods, checked and its there in Worlpay but no order came through from Actinicand no email notification either?!

Comment

I don't think its an Actinic thing. Can you get at the raw site logs for 31st August and track that visitor? If I'm correct, you will see them go to checkout and then switch to worldpay, then no more.

With the details of date and time, Worldpay should be able to look at their logs and see what happened on their server.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
            X