Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froogle issues [new Actinic user]

Hi
    I have only just purchased Actinic about a week ago. Although I have used froogle before. I have tried to export the froogle data and upload it. Upon uploading it, it gives me this error

Unable to process feed

the details include about 24 urls one of them >>

Invalid URL - help Product Name: "Dark and Lovely Permanent Hair Color Brown Sugar"
    Product Url: http://%22http/www.kimberlyhair.co.u...log/h1.html%22
    Price:

I have no idea what this means, the urls on the feed do not have %22 on them, neither do they have spaces, so I am a little puzzled.
    Can someone help. I have so many items, I would hate to do the feed manually.
    Thanks

Froogle exporting is a muched discussed issue on this forum. The inbuilt export is geared towards the US version and not the UK site as far as I understand.

Jan has a Froogle app at www.mole-end.biz which works with the UK Froogle and Actinic and is well supported

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

We tried the the Actinic froogle feed but it removed the hypens from within the product codes plus it randomly combined together various fields for no apparent reason on about 10% of 6000 products. The remaining fields on these concatenated rows got shunted left making the file complete garbage.

We tried manually correcting, got fed up and now use Jan's Froogle Mash [as mentioned by Jont] that works perfectly every time.

Regards
      Sharon
      www.eyewear2gogo.com - designer sunglasses at discount prices
      www.solarequip.co.uk - solar products at discount prices!
      www.stuff2gogo.com - great stuff - great prices

Comment

You need to log into Froogle, go into your feed settings and tick the option called something like 'Use Quoted Fields'. Your feed will probably work then.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Froogle does not like quotation marks. You could try using removing these and retrying the feed. You will also need to open the actinic feed in a text editor to delete the the top two lines
          # html_escaped=YES
          # quoted=YES
          and save it before submitting to Froogle.

best wishes
          Martin

Comment

Thank you. I will try this now, and let you know how i get on

Comment

I have removed the heading, and also checked "use quotes" but it is still giving me errors

Invalid URL - help Product Name: "Afro Spike"
              Product Url: http://%22http/www.kimberlyhair.co.u...a_List.html%22
              Price:

Any1 know what to do?

Comment

%22 is HTML escape code for the quotation marks " - so somewhere in the process you are adding http:// in front of and quotation marks around your url's.

The basic steps should be,
                Register with froogle and mark your feed as quoted
                In Actinic choose File | Export Froogle Data - provide a name for the file (the name that is registered with froogle for your feed) with a .txt extension.
                In Excel open the file exported from Actinic and remove the first two lines. Save - answer yes to the error message. Close Excel - ignoring 'do you want to save' prompt.
                FTP to froogle.
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I didnt do anything since my last post and I have just checked froogle and it now says success - It looks like the "use quotes" thing worked. I am impressed. pheew
                  Thanks all - Just have to if the products will start showing now.

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one...

The merchant screens are really confusing to use at first. Even if your feed is correct, it says that you have errors (The error being that the feed is waiting for approval).

This caught me out as well.

Darren
                    www.zgwatches.co.uk

Comment

arggghhhh!!!! My froogle stuff is now showing, without the prices!!!! £0.00
                      Tell me more about Jan's Froogle Mash, how does it work please.

Comment

Why is my feed showing £0?

I need help with my Froogle feed.
                        For example with one prodcuct I have 2 different prices
                        £400 basic / £600 advanced version, but on froogle it shows £0
                        why is that, and does any1 know how to remedy this problem?

Comment

The feeds take the price from the product, not the components, the workaround for this is to set a price on the product and set the pricing model for the product to sum of component prices. The price will then also appear on the web page so you might want to change your 'Price' tag to say 'From' or similar.

Regards,
                          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                          Multichannel order processing
                          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                          X