Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've broken it already!

Hi,
    I have only had the developer software for a few days ( I'm not a developer as such but need the extra flexibility) but I seem to have banjaxxed it already.
    I have made a very basic store for testing purposes at www.ukreplicas.co.uk .
    I have included 3 payment types, paypal, credit card details sent seperately and credit cards (for manual clearance). I am using the inbuilt java security applet. The system worked o.k. ( thanks to solving problems from reading this forum) and we received my test orders.
    Being Ultra Smart I then proceeded to muck about with things in order to advise people that the security is inbuilt to try to get round the lack of a golden Key.

I fiddled with order002.html by adding some text since then I can only place an order using paypal or credit cards sent seperately but not credit cards for manual clearance. I get to the point where I expect to start putting card info in but all there is is a grey box.
    I have looked through the forum and tried a few things - cleared everything out, re- loaded everything to no avail....

Any help appreciated
    Thanks
    John

ukreplicas.co.uk is not an actinic site, ukreplicas.co.uk/acatalog does not exsist. Can you help us find your test site please.

To help with the problem i would to back to the original theme folder for your chosen theme and copy Act_order02.html from there into your site and see if that resolves the problem, then start your customisation again, checking and testing each chunk of code you put in, until you identify the code not working. then post the code and we will try to help

Comment

Oh dear....

Hi , Thanks for the speedy response. It would of course help if I gave the right URL which is www.ukreplicas.biz please excuse the error.
      I have just got in so will try your suggestion.
      I'll post the result in case anyone else needs the info.
      Many thanks
      John

Comment

Tried replacing files

Hi , I have tried replacing the altered files but this hasn't changed things. I tried altering my other settings and find that this problem only occurs when I activate the Actinic inbuilt security applet and only for credit card collection for later clearance.
        Does anyone know if I can renew /replace the applet and if so, how and where do I find it?
        Thanks in advance.
        John

Comment

Hi,

Just placed a test order on your site and used the "Credit Card Details Sent Seperately" option using the drop down. Placed the order succesfully, please check for order number ATTEST10000002

It could be a local caching issue, try deleteing your cookies and temp internet files and then trying the site.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Test order received

Hi Bruce, Thanks very much, that came though o.k.
            Prior to your placing the order, I had deleted all of my files and completely started from scratch using the Actinic basic setup /demonstration files as a test website. However I am still having a problem when I activate the Actinic inbuilt encryption for credit card details collected for later clearance, a greyed out box appears.
            I am about to clear the cache and temp files as suggested .
            Regards
            John

Comment

Actinic Security - follow on

Hi, I cleared the temp & cookie caches but nothing has changed.
              I ran the website analysis from help¦troubleshooting and it reports that
              ActinicEncrypt1024 Not Installed ( under PERL enviroment report)
              Could this be relevant?
              Regards
              John

Comment

Security Applet resolution

Hi,
                I found some info in the Knowledge base ( keywords word 'java applet greyed out') and subsequently visited http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
                to get the latest java .
                I then completely purged all files from website and allowed the system to reload them ( using help- troubleshooting - purge )- checked paths were all as they should be following guidance on this forum pleased to report the troubleshooter had put them all where they should be , checked permissions for cgi bin and .class files .
                This seems to have solved the problem although I notice that although the java applet runs and accepts card info, it doesn't display the receipt page as it says it will but hangs...not sure whether this is a bad day for the internet (lots of dropped connections) or whether it's just another kink to be sorted.
                The information to solve this was all here but I just didn't know where to start looking.
                Thanks for the help and advice
                John

Comment

Working...
                X