Pack Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pack Size

We sell envelopes. We currently only offer a standard pack size of 50 envelopes but I am trying to set up a 'choice' of pack sizes, such as 50, 500, 100, etc.

I have followed Nadeem's instructions from an earlier post, using components, attributes and hidden products and it works fine except for the fact that if someone buys 2 packs of 500 envelopes, for example, (i.e. 20 packs of 50) I would expect my stock of that code to decrease by 20, not by 2 as it is doing.

I've tried adding a component to the hidden product code for the 500 pack, which says that it uses 10 of the main unhidden product but that doesn't work.

Can anybody offer any solution to this?

Also, if you do have a solution, will it also work with Actinic Link for Sage and update the Sage stock quantities correctly ??

Many thanks.
    Richard
    www.worldofenvelopes.com

Quantities and Sage

Neither Actinic or Sage handle pack quantities. For this to work you would need to set up Sage to have a different product for each pack size, so that the quantity in stock would show the number of packs of a set quantity in stock.

Any queries, or if you wish to discuss please give me a call on 02392790990
    Paul Barker
    Greater Vision
    www.greatervision.co.uk

Comment

Thanks, Paul.

But Nadeem had posted a clever way to get round this by using components, attributes and choices which actually works quite well as far as the actual order, invoice and costing is concerned, except that it doesn't seem to handle stock quantities properly. I was hoping there may be a way around that niggle.
      Richard
      www.worldofenvelopes.com

Comment

Hi there

Just replied to the following tread: http://community.actinic.com/showthr...7722#post77722

Its similar to what Paul has written, having 1 pack products.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
        X