Making updates go quicker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making updates go quicker

I've a not unsubstantial PC (Athlon 64 3000+, 1GB RAM) but Updating my site takes about 40 minutes because there are so many categories/products.

I'm working on the checkout page only though - a simple change takes 40 minutes to go from making it to testing it. I can't preview the checkout page offline and don't need to update the rest of the site each time - is there a way to do this?

Hi,

You can temporarily delete all the sections and do an update of the site, that will be much quicker. You can undelete them once the update is done.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

An update should only upload the pages that have changed and shouldn't take that long to update a single page.

What takes all the time? Is it actinic checking the site for changes or is it the uploading to the website?

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

You could also try setting up a PC to act as a server (see page 87 of the AVU) which would speed things up no end

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks - it's the checking which takes such a long time

Comment

d'oh, all the files get purged that way!

I should have just been more patient :-)

Comment

We're having the same problem, is there anyway to get actinic to stop checking all the pages before an upload????? I know there is only 1 change, i made it, and i only want to upload that 1 page. This is really frustrating, as it can take 5 mins to make a simple change and then check it is ok.
              Blushingbuyer, banishing blushes since 2000.
              http://www.blushingbuyer.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

is there anyway to get actinic to stop checking all the pages before an upload?????
                But if we didn't check, how would we know what has changed?
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

But why does it have to take soooooo long.
                  It would be a nice advanced feature to be able to specify that I want to upload 1 page or script and then actinic can just look at that page and update it.

For example at present i'm fiddling with the PayPalScript, there is no need to check the rest of the site, i just want to upload the PayPalScript possibly in a semi manual manner!

For a large site the checking takes a long time, for example I've posted this reply in the time it has taken to change one page on the site, this is very frustrating.
                  Blushingbuyer, banishing blushes since 2000.
                  http://www.blushingbuyer.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

I will add your request to our wish-list. You could try manually uploading the files to the server however, we do not support this operation (see 'Advanced | Generate Scripts' and 'Generate Website') as you may not upload all the files necessary for the page you change.
                    Tracey
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                    X