Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receipt Page on Go Slow

Hello Folks,

I seem to be having a problem with the receipt page in checkout. For some reason after completing details at checkout and entering card details or clicking on "Credit Card details sent Separately", the final receipt page is taking an age to display. Everything else works as expected and the receipt page has been working fine until now.

Can someone place a dummy order to make sure it's not just a problem with my machine please?

http://www.magicalwonders.com/acatal..._Products.html

The site is not live, so feel free to input any details you like.

I've tried troubleshooting and completed a website purge and refresh (ticking delete perl files and .cat and .fil files) But the last page is still sooooooo Slooooow. zzzzzzzzz

I haven't implemented any changes yet to the checkout templates, so I'm not sure what's gone adrift.

Thanks.

Myles
    www.magicalwonders.com

I agree. Very Slow.

I've no idea why it's like this. It might be some of the customisation you've made to the checkout procress.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike,

Not just me then eh?

I haven't implemented any customisation at the checkout yet. The checkout is still using Actinic default templates for clean layout 13. Which is sort of a nuisance as I can't switch back to originals and see where it breaks!

The only thing that I can recall changing is upgrading to V7.04 a short while back.

I've had a look at the error.err file and no errors have been reported since the site was on Actinics trial space.

Not sure what to try next.

Myles
      www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Hi Myles - just placed a dummy order and it zoomed along through the site up to submitting the credit card details which took 40 seconds to reach the confirmation page! None of the cart appears to be on SSL yet - is that correct?

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi Jonty,

Yes, it's the last confirmation or receipt page that seems to be falling down for some reason.

I'm not using SSL as yet. I will be when the site goes live, just haven't got around to buying a certificate yet.

At the moment SSL has not been selected under Business/Payment and Security. However, "Standard SSL or unencrypted" is selected under "Credit Card Capture Configuration"

I've run a Test in Network Settings and everything seems to pass O.K.

Actinic Mail Test completed successfully
          server: passed
          connection: passed
          sockets: passed
          communications: passed
          authorisation: passed
          The email notification from the test comes through O.K.

I've had a look at compare perl scripts and compare templates under trouble shooting. No changes in perl. It did report a change in the Act_receiptPrimary but I can't see anything there that would cause a problem. I don't even remember changing this template!

I've tried replacing the act_receiptPrimary with the version prior to upgrade but it didn't make any difference. I've now changed back to V7.04 version of the template.

Trouble Shooting has a Website analysis function. However, the advice suggests usage of tools (in most cases) should be with Actinic technical supervision. It doesn't say which cases!

What I have spotted, which is probably a side issue is that when clicking on "View Error Log" in trouble shooting, the browser goes to the following url:
          http://www.magicalwonders.com/acatalog/error.err
          I then get a browser error "file not found" because the error.err file is being placed by Actinic into /magicalwonders.com/cgi-bin/ The only way I am able to view the error log is to download to desktop and open with Wordpad.

I'm wondering if I should roll back to 7.01 and see if the mind-numbing slow confirmation page problem persists?

Myles
          www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

O.K. It looks as though I've managed to speed things up a bit for the confirmation page. In fact, speed things up a lot.

Did a bit of digging, as I discovered there is a relationship between the SMTP server and the confirmation page.

I've been with the same host since January this year and had the SMTP server in Network settings specified as mail.magicalwonders.com This is as advised by the webhost and up until know has worked fine. Just as a test I changed this to localhost, updated the site and blow me down with a feather everything now works fine.

Mmmmm, Now whilst this is good news, I'm completely lost as to why this has occured. Why is Actinic suddenly working for "localhost" instead of the name of the actual SMTP server. Bearing in mind that mail.magicalwonders.com has worked great for nine months!

Any thoughts on this?

Myles
            www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

I raised a ticket with my webhost to see if they could advise from their end and got this reply...
              You should always use localhost for the server when trying to find the SMTP server for a web application. The
              mail.magicalwonders.com is for your mail
              clients such as Outlook
              Well that takes care of that, leaving just this mystery:
              .....when clicking on "View Error Log" in trouble shooting, the browser goes to the following url:
              http://www.magicalwonders.com/acatalog/error.err
              I then get a browser error "file not found" because the error.err file is being placed by Actinic into /magicalwonders.com/cgi-bin/ The only way I am able to view the error log is to download to desktop and open with Wordpad.
              Anyone throw any light on this?

Myles
              www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Hi Myles,

Are there any specific errors in the error file that can tell you why the error file is being created in the cgi-bin? The error.err file is normally in the acatalog folder. The only time cgi-bin may be used is if the error occurs so early in the process that it has not determined the path from cgi-bin to acatalog folder.

If you cannot get the information, can you email me the error file and we can take a look at it to see if we can determine what is causing this to happen.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce,

The only errors listed in the file appear to be connected to passwords and usernames in place when the store was being tested on Actinics trial server last year. The odd thing is the store has been uploaded to it's present location since January this year. However the latest error is dated July of this year and details the old passwords!

I can't see any clues as to why the file is being loaded into CGI bin. I'll forward the file as requested.

Many thanks,

Myles
                  www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Hi Myles,

Looks like the only time you have had an error on the site have been when the internal user/password is changed. The script that does the authority
                    check reports the error before it's determined where the error.err file is supposed to be.

To make sure that the normal errors are written in acatlog try accessing the shopping cart with a wrong parameter e.g.

http://www.myshop.com/cgi-bin/ca0000...TION=SHOWHORSE

Then get the error.err file using Advanced | Troubleshooting. Note that it may be necessary to close IE as it seems to cache the page in memory so doesn't
                    show changes.

Kind regards,
                    Bruce King
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce,

It seems to have failed on writing a normal error.

I input http://www.magicalwonders.com/acatal...TION=SHOWHORSE as suggested and got a page not found error.

The view error log under Help/troubleshooting came back with a page not found error also.

FTP'd the site and no error file has been produced in the acatalog folder. Downloaded the error file from CGI bin but it hasn't included this latest error. Just the user/password errors you've already seen.

Myles
                      www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Sorry Bruce,

I got the address you suggested slightly wrong. The error file is now being produced in the acatalog file, and I can view it properly via Help/troubleshooting.

Many thanks for your help.

Myles
                        www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Working...
                        X