Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

accounts only products disappearing once added to cart

Hi,

Please could someone help, a site I have been developing has a strange problem...

We have accounts set-up which can see products that non-account holders can't see. Once logged in as an account, the products appear fine, but if you add one of those products to the cart, they disappear from the shop (they do stay in the cart though).

I did see a previous post which mentioned adding something to the cgi scripts? I am not an expert at coding, but could find my way around the cgi scripts if need be.

Thanks for any help!
    Angie

Hi Angela,

Can you provide a link to the shop so that we can have a look. Are the products disappearing from the shop once added to cart? Do they reappear once the order has been placed?

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

yes, the shop is www.pharmacypartnership.com/acatalog/

The products disappear once added to cart, and when you have placed the order and click to go back to the shop, it has logged you out.

Cheers
      Angie

Comment

Would you also be able to supply some test login information for the site?

Comment

no problem:

username: skinmed
          password: password

Comment

Checked the site with the username and password provided and was able to add products to the cart, went back to the catalog using the back button and was able to see the product I ordered, added another product to cart and then checked out. Now using the drop down I went to the section again and could see both the products in the cart. Seems to be working perfectly fine for me.

Can you try deleting your cookis and temporary internet files and then try the site.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Sorry, should have said, it's the Enerpeel product that disappears, all the others will stay the same.

Cheers
              Angie

Comment

Hi Angie,

Have tried the site again and when I select the section in mention I get this message "
                There is no information to view in this section.

Are you sure there are products in this section as there seems to be nothing available.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Did you log in? You have to be logged in as "skinmed" to view the enerpeel item.

Once you add the enerpeel item to cart and go back into the enerpeel section, it says "there are no items to view".

Comment

Yes I did log in, have the welcome message " Welcome to Pharmacy partnership's Online Shop Peter Roberts" . Just tried againa nd the same persists.
                    Bruce King
                    SellerDeck

Comment

I tried this yesterday withe the same results as Bruce.

Tried it just now and everything worked - I looked for the product - got the 'no information to view' page, then logged in and tried again. I added enerpeel to the basket, clicked confirm and returned to the enerpeel product. Added another product, clicked confirm and returned to the enerpeel product, added another item, clicked confirm and returned to the enerpeel product.

I then went to checkout and chose - cheque to....

Checkout completed. I looked for a logout option - could not find one and closed the browser.
                      Bill
                      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback, just realised i hadn't cleared this up and we are still haveing the same problem.

On the site i log in, then go to Enerpeel, add Enerpeel to the cart and you are automatically directed back to the Enerpeel page (which still displays the product info. I then click on the online shop link on the main nav and it looks like i am logged out. The basket still contains to right products, but when i then click on Enerpeel i get "here is no information to view in this section.".

I think the user is logged out somehow which is why wjcampbe couldn't see a logout option???

Cheers
                        Angie

Comment

Just been on site and added three products to the basket. Did not get logged out at any time and I navigated using the 'select a product' box and the online shop link. Then emptied the basket and quit the site.
                          Bill
                          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
                          X