Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of questions for a beginner

Hi Everyone
    I am very excited with Actinic Developer which we just got...I am developing a new site which needs few things like:

1. Random showing of images from our image database
    2. Search & Selection capability on first page...i.e. price ranges, product ranges etc
    3. Totally new Front end as the templates that come with developer do not meet our design criteria...

ok...so how does Actinic store its catalogue...is it in an internal relational databse, or just a file, and how would i be able to show a random selection of images...i guess i have to write a random function which picks up array pointers and get the images....but we have 1000s of images and to initialise an array of that size is a bit much every time we load new images in the catalogue...

thanks for reading this gibberish

Actinic creates static html pages from a database in your C: drives Actinic Directory. These is no online database.

1. There are script available that can do this without an online database (using a text file list of images).
    2. see Online Store Features - The Online Search in Help | Help Topics
    3. look at the clean templates - see if you can adapt one of those BUT don't delete any of the Actinic NETQOTEVAR references till you understand what they do. There is a listing in the help topics of those you cannot remove.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Check out the user guides at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm they are very good. Also give the tech support guys a call they will help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc
        ok...so how does Actinic store its catalogue...is it in an internal relational databse, or just a file
        Actinic makes use of a database "ActinicCatalog.mdb" in the root of the site folder - this is used to compile static HTML pages during upload. (part of its appeal in keeping search engines happy)

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X