Is this a con?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a con?

What is this guy up to? Should Actinic be made aware?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Actinic-Suite-...QQcmdZViewItem

Regards,

Steve.

I would have to say yes, it looks like a con going by the wording of the ad.

Quote: YOU WILL RECEIVE A FULLY WORKING COPY OF:

Which then goes on to say you get Catalog, Business, Developer and so on....

Hmmmmmmmmm, you know what, you can get that for free direct from Actinic, i.e. the demo CD as that contains all of those and you can evaluate them, and they are fully working - well for 30 days anyway...

Comment

dodgy... email before bidding and they're hiding their ID???? Just the price should tell you that it's impossible to be a valid license...
      Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
      Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
      NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Cheeky blighter has also blagged the image from the Actinic site by the look of the border colour Someone will not be happy with the £23.00 winning bid and a link through to the free download page on the Actinic site!

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - we are taking a look into it.
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Thank you

Hi Steve,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Ebay have now removed the auction.
            I have been tasked with monitoring the Actinic ebay auctions, and checking their validitiy. The only time a license can be resold is when it has not been uploaded. I mail the seller and ask for the key to check it on our key upload database, I have to wait 2 days for a response then I can mail Ebay's IPR team to have the auction removed. Unfortunatley it often takes Ebay a day or two to then remove the auction.
            Please feel free to mail me direct with any auctions you feel are suspicious, and I will look into them.
            We do not do this increase revenue, we do it to protect potential customers. The license may seem cheap at £100 but when infact its been used already its worthless to you, and will cost you the £379 retail when it shows up on our key database as being used twice,

Regards,
            Andy Porter
            Actinic sales
            aporter@actinic.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Porter
              Hi Steve,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Ebay have now removed the auction.
              I have been tasked with monitoring the Actinic ebay auctions, and checking their validitiy. The only time a license can be resold is when it has not been uploaded. I mail the seller and ask for the key to check it on our key upload database, I have to wait 2 days for a response then I can mail Ebay's IPR team to have the auction removed. Unfortunatley it often takes Ebay a day or two to then remove the auction.
              Please feel free to mail me direct with any auctions you feel are suspicious, and I will look into them.
              We do not do this increase revenue, we do it to protect potential customers. The license may seem cheap at ?100 but when infact its been used already its worthless to you, and will cost you the ?379 retail when it shows up on our key database as being used twice,

Regards,
              Andy Porter
              Actinic sales
              aporter@actinic.co.uk
              Can I confirm that if Actinic was used to create a site, which never sold anything, that it cannot then be resold, even if the unused site has now dissapeared?
              ________
              starcraft 2 replays

Comment

I guess what I'm asking is, can I sell my copy of Actinic and its key as my internet project never got off the ground?
                ________
                Cooking Discussion

Comment

Hi there

Your best bet is to give Actinic Sales a ring on 0845 129 4800 and see what your options are.

Comment

Working...
                  X