XHTML
    PHP
    ASP
    XML
    Javascript
    CSS

Thanks
    doc

You can employ usage of CSS files, incorporate java script into your templates, and to a certain extent end your file names for sections and pages with php, asp etc etc, but it is not 100% capable of employing php and asp code as some of your pages will be parsed through perl scripts.

If you download the trial copy (if not already got it), then when you create your sections, go into the settings for the page and you can chage the extentions in there to start of with..

Comment

I need a clearer answer then this. I would be quite happy just using HTML and not bother with PHP or ASP if its not compatible with actinic. I raised the initial question just to understand exactly what the boundaries are. I was not hinting at a weekness in Actinic. Maybe I should just stick to HTML , CSS and some javascript...that should be just fine..but then the java script would need a Java interpreter...so should it just be pure HTML?

Comment

Not trying to beat around the bush, just saying you can use other filename ext's in the sections, but somethings can not, for example sitemap.html is not a userdefinable filename etc etc, so although you can assign some pages with the scripting language of choice (sections and that), some you can not, so would not be able to use all of those features in all of the pages.

Java script is client run, i.e. on the visitors machine and not the server, so using java script is reliant on the visitor having it switched on, which most do, but then some have it disabled due to stopping pop-ups and all manner of other java script thingys that they do not like.

Comment

Thanks for your help....what about XHTML?

Comment

Probably fair to say you can get over half way to XHTML compliance but not all the way at the moment. Chris has created a full CSS theme but with tables just in the cart area (do a search for the thread) and also take a look for Myles thread called "starting again" if you have not already seen this - Myles is trying to reduce the number of errors thrown up during validation.

You can edit a large number of the Act_Templates to make them more friendly and make further use of CSS - but as mentioned above some features are inbuilt to the program which you can't do a lot about.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
            X