file types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

file types

Does anyone know how to add extra file types that can be attached to products ie in the extended info etc..?

To add in a link to any file type simply point to the URL for the file eg: in the extended infomation field under the extended info tabs add in the following:

Code:
    !!<<a href="http://site.com/myfile.pdf" target="_blank">Click for my PDF file</a>>!!
    the above assume a file called myfile.pdf is saved in the root of the site folder and will open in a new window (_blank) ... dpending on the file extension and the security settings of the users browser the file will either display in the browser window or download for them to save and open. Often good practice to give the file size in kb to let people know what they are in for before opening.

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

yep cheers.. but i really need to be able to upload it from actinic.. ie by adding it in to the extended info etc.. Its a customers site and i dont really want to have to tell him how to go down the ftp route..

Comment

OK - you need to add the file into Actinic under Advanced | Additional files so Actinic will add these in with the upload

Bikster

Comment

thanks.. i was looking for the more complicated route and completely overlooked this feature

Do you know if i can do this with version4?

Comment

v6 / v7 here - may be worth posting in the v4 section or asking your client to check the software to see if the feature is there

Bikster

Comment

Working...
            X