Forum Navigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Navigation

I would like to make a couple of suggestions about navigation and settings for this Forum.

1. When I was new (and sometimes even now) I found it difficult to discover how to Post a New Tread. Couldn't there be a button on every page for posting a new thread? Maybe it would need to ask which version of Actinic you're using but that should be too difficult sould it?

2. It seems that the initial Settings when you sign up default to NO email for subscribed threads. Surely most people would much prefer it to default so that they receive an email for each subscribed thread.

3. Talking of subscribed threads, why does it take so many steps to subscribe to a thread (maybe it follows Actinic's Check-out sequence ?). Surely, if you're logged in and want to subscribe to a thread it should be a one-click operation.

Just a thought ... Hope someone else agrees with me.
    Richard
    www.worldofenvelopes.com

This forum is an out of the box solution, supplied by VBulletin.

To be honest its layout is very similar to other forums out there. Therefore I would suggest that it needs to stay as it is so that it remains standard.

Once you can handle this forum you will be able to intuitively handle 95% of other forums

As for your requests

1 Having new thread options on everypage would probably lead to people posting in the wrong thread, and would require more clicks

2 I for one do not receive any emails from the forum, I prefer to use the New Posts option. I feel it is better not to opt people in to receive email unless they specifically ask

3 the forum has no coding similarities to Actinic, both are provided by different suppliers

Comment

Working...
    X