Search Engine position with jpg's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search Engine position with jpg's

I have products in sections that have a few hundred jpg images which do not include a keyword but just a catalogue number in their name.

My question is as this is not on the home page, do you think this would have much of an adverse effect on SEO rateing or should i spend hours re-nameing them

The products all have the keyword (Shirt or Blouses) included in their description

site at www.british-shirts-blouses.co.uk
    Chris Ashdown

keywords in the image filename will have an effect on SEO but it's only going to be a minor one. If you're already doing the right stuff on everything else it's unlikely to make much difference to your rankings. If you aren't already doing the right stuff on everything else then I'd focus on the other stuff first.

There are quite a few missing images and other oddities on the womens blouses page. Is this still work in progress?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Many thanks for the quick reply mike

Yes I am waiting on some jpg's from the supplier and the items are out of stock for a short while

Looking to place more links on home page and maybe some more keywords,

Can you see any obvious seo problems with the rest of the site?
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

The most obvious problem is that old bugbear of mine about navigation links going via the cgi-bin. I don't see any customer account logins so if you can, change the navigation links to go straight to the section rather than via the cgi-bin.

You can get around this by having a sitemap link on your pages, but as it stands there's no way for the search engines to reliably find your section pages.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
        X