Using 2 Computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using 2 Computers

After using Actinic and for the last 4 years we have grown our site where we have one person killing the other as one wants to update the website and the other needs to do the orders. I think this will end in Divorce if i do not sort something out.

So I have downloaded another trial version, added actinic to another computer and got one for design and the other for downloads.

I knew I would lose stock tracking and can live with that but have a problem that Pc1 does not get the new items update and that is a real pain for offline order taking.

Probably a simple answer (Get network version probably) but in the meantime how can I transport the items contents only from Pc 2- Pc1 without overwriting all the orders on Pc-1.

Make a snapshot and import it into the new machine. make sure that 'overwite target orders' is NOT ticked.

Do a backup of the actinic database first to make sure you don't lose your order history.

Mike

PS. Actinic also does 'order manager' to allow order processing on a second PC.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

2 Pc's

Thanks Mike That Will Save Me a Few £

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot
        Make a snapshot and import it into the new machine. make sure that 'overwite target orders' is NOT ticked.

Do a backup of the actinic database first to make sure you don't lose your order history.

Mike

PS. Actinic also does 'order manager' to allow order processing on a second PC.
        Be careful useing this method if you are on Business 7.0.3, I tried this method last week and in spite of making sure the 'overwrite target orders' was not ticked, the snapshot import did wipe out all the orders regardless.
        I don't know if this is a bug in this version or if something else in my machines caused this but I'm not risking it again, I managed to re-instate to the previous evening data backup but had to manually enter all the night and days orders from print outs and double check that nothing was missed out.

Comment

I'm a complete newcomer to Actinic but isn't the easy way just to 'Export' the Catalog data and then import it to machine 2?

i.e. 'Files/Export/' then tick 'Catalog and create a comma delimited or tab delimted file.

Ken

Comment

If all you needed was catalog data, that would be fine, but you need the template files, the images, the business, design, security and network settings....
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
            X