Donations without postage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donations without postage?

We've managed to allow our users to make donations of any amount on our charity webshop - but when they get to checkout, it automatically charges them postage.

We also sell merchandise, some of which is free and has free postage. The rest of it costs various amounts, and we have set up p&p costs where the postage is proportionate to the cost of the item.

But how can I give the donations free postage? How can I turn off postage on one item only? I can't see any setting to do this.

Hi

Try using zero weights for the item with no postage which mean you will need to add weight to items that do have a postage charge. You will need to change your settings to charge by weight.

That's one possibility. I hope I'm giving you the correct advice. Worth a try!
    Thanks
    Sheila

Comment

Hi Alan

Sheila has the right idea - you need to make your donation products 0.00 weight - then create a line in your shipping table that has weight 0.00 = £0.00.

This way you can set your default weight higher and any items you have that have not been given a weight will still trigger a P&P charge because they will be the default weight. Only products with weight = 0.00 will be free.

Hope this helps.
      Ian
      Commercial Cleaning Cambridgeshire

Comment

Working...
      X