Show Product price next to a Thumbnail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show Product price next to a Thumbnail

I have set up pages with thumbnails allowing a much speedier load, however I would like to show the product price and short description below the product.

I can achieve this by inputing the price in the descrition field however this does mean remembering to change the product price and the price I put in the descrition field.

Any ideas how this can be done.????

Hi,

Can you post a link to the site so that I can see what you mean? If you just want the regular products to display the Price and Name ( short Description ) under the Product Image, you will need amend the ProductLine template Act_ProductLine.html..

Look for NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTIMAGE ... You will find it in this line ..
    <td rowspan="2" valign="TOP" align="CENTER"> NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEBEGINXML NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTIMAGE </td>

You will have to look a couple lines below for the PRODUCTNAME

<a name="NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTANCHOR"><span class="actregular"><b>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME</b></span></a>

Cut and Paste this within the </td> tag

A Few Lines further you will find the Price information ..
    <span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTBEGINLINKNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTLINKTEXTNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTENDLINK
    NETQUOTEVAR:PRICEEXPLANATION </span><br>
    <b>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE</b>

Insert this bit too within the trailing </td> tag. You might want to add a break <br> between both bits of code else the price and Name would appear on the same line. Save and preview the change in Actinic. Please make sure to make a backup of the file before editing.

Hope this helps,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thumbnails &amp; Prices

Thank you tried that but it did not come out as desired at all ....

As my new design site has not been uploaded yet I have put a link to a screen image of what I need to do. I hope this helps. http://www.divemachine.co.uk/images/screen1.jpg
      If you look at the 3 litre cylinder on the top left picture. This is the desired effect I am trying to do showing text and price.

Currently I insert the information into the section details "DESCRIPTION" field to show the 'special offer' and 'price', this is not the best way to do it.
      Somehow I need Actinic to take the price from the "PRICE" field and insert it automatically. Thanks.

Comment

Hi There,

Thanks for the image. I am afraid at the present juncture, actinic will not be able to Dynamically take the Price froma product to display on a section link, you are doing it the only way possible right now.

Have you had a look at the Advanced Users Guide and the notes there on Sections Links? Check pages 23, 24 and 25... The Advanced Users Guide can be downloaded here .. http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X