Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CGI problems occurring whilst trying to move site

Hi all,

Due to some web maintenance we're moving our shop site into a new folder.

All of this is taking place with the same webshosts and this is how I'm doing it.

creating an acatalog and cgi-bin folder in our new website folder. Changing the settings in advanced->network setup

however, the strange thing is that I can't get the site to undergo the test properly, it keeps coming up with error 403.

However, I have no problems using the old path settings.

Very strange and yes, I have double checked all paths are pointing to the correct areas.

Any advice appreciated
    Ken
    London Kettlebells

Originally posted by kenwen
    coming up with error 403.
    This normally means that you are forbidden to enter the folder, have you got the correct permissions on the folder(s)?
    "OK Venus?"
    "OK Steve!"
    "Right then, lets go!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
      This normally means that you are forbidden to enter the folder, have you got the correct permissions on the folder(s)?
      Yep, its set to 755.

The very strange thing is I got frustrated and took the brute force approach. Hit OK without testing then uploaded. Loads of errors, but it writes to the CGI-BIN directory! The site is non functioning though
      London Kettlebells

Comment

Hi,

What sort of errors do you get when you do a test in Advanced | Network Setup? Are the permissions on both the 'acatalog' and the 'cgi-bin' correct, '777' and '755' respectively?
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Hi

When i have had similar problems open them both up to 777 actinic will change this when it uploads

hope this helps a bit

Darren

Comment

Working...
          X