Data Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Report

How do I get the full product description to show in the data report?

Or failing that, how do I create a csv file that will allow me to imports a section name, a product name, a full description and 2 different prices/ quantities for each product?

I have a database of 6000 products that are available in 2 different sizes each so it would be advantageous if I could just import this data. I have managed to import a flat file but I dont know how to import components with 2 choices.
    SSL Linux Actinic Hosting

Hi,

You can go to View | Business Settings | Options | Product Description In Reports ... Tick this checkbox and click on apply. If you select this option it will enable the 'Report Description' tab in the 'Product Details' window.

You will then be able to define an extended product description to appear in the Packing List and Invoice reports you generate when processing orders.

You can look in C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\Common .. and see SampleHierarchicalCatalogImportFile.txt open this with Excell and you will be able to see the structure with which you can create an import file.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Big problems

That means that I would have to enter a report description for 6000 products. That's not really practical.

I have tried to edit the report file in crystal reports by adding the full description field but now I cant even call up the data report as it refuses to load. Reloading the report from the original has not helped to fix the problem so now I have no access to the data report at all !!

Help !!
      SSL Linux Actinic Hosting

Comment

Hi,

You can copy over the data very easily in Access. If you open ActinicCatalog.mdb and open teh 'Product' Table, you can copy over the contents of the 'Full Description' to the 'sReportDescription' column and that will be done for all your products.

As for the report files, what you will need to do is a reinstall to get back the original report files, but before that lets see if this could work. I have attached a copy of my DataEntry.rpt from a basic v7.0.4 installation. Try replacing your existing report files with this and see if it sorts out the issue. If not, the only other way will be a reinstall.

Kind regards,
        Attached Files
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X