Dreamweaver Extension question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamweaver Extension question

I am currently evaluating Actinic for use within a design studio, and so far have not been able to get the Dreamweaver extension to work. The extension is loaded OK. I have previewed the website and copied the page URL, then opened it from within Dreamweaver (version MX 2004). The page displays OK and I can see the comment tags, but nothing with the Actinic logo on. I am keen to get this working as it will affect my decision to purchase the software. Any hepl much appreciated.

Before previewing the website, did you untick (clear) the Compact HTML/CGI box in View | Business Settings?

DW needs the Actinic Template names which appear in the uncompacted web pages.

Note that once you see the yellow A images in DW, you will select one of these then look in the botton part of DW for the name of the template file you want to edit.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

hi

If you search for the forum for "Dreamweaver" you will find many threads than can assist you such as this one -
      http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ht=dreamweaver

Regards
      Brian

Comment

Thanks for response.

I have done as instructed, and unchecked the 'compact HTML' box.

I cannot see any 'A' icons on the page at all, only the yellow symbol for 'anchor' and 'comment'. Any other ideas?

(Although I think I'll try again on Monday now!)

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
          Before previewing the website, did you untick (clear) the Compact HTML/CGI box in View | Business Settings?

DW needs the Actinic Template names which appear in the uncompacted web pages.

Note that once you see the yellow A images in DW, you will select one of these then look in the botton part of DW for the name of the template file you want to edit.

I tried again and the icons have appeared in DW now, thanks again for your quick response.

Comment

Working...
          X