Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading catalogue from disc to webstite

Hi,
    My webdesigner normally deals with this kind of thing, but I can't get hold of her. The website on the web is an old one, so I am trying to upload the up to date site from a CD. I am using the import function, but I don't know any of the technical date, such as do I want a Flat File Import or a Hierarchical Import? The it asks for a file name, so I ask it to look in E:drive, but i don't now the file name to put it. Generally I'm totally stuck. I want to fix this asap, as people are ordering stuff that I don't stock anymore!! Any help would be very gratefully received!!

Hi,

You most probably have a snapshot of the site on the CD. In Actinic click on File | Snapshot | Import Site | Next | Next | Click on the 'Browse' button and select the file from the E:\ drive if thet is the CD drive ( the file will be something like name.acd ) Once done clcik on Next and follow the wizard till the import of the snapshot is done. Now you will have the site uptodate and ready to upload to the server. I would suggest going to Web | Refresh website to make sure that all the latest info is uploaded.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce, all fixed now. I was using the wrong import button!! Doh.

Comment

Working...
      X