Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload help please

Hi everyone,
    I have been reading the boards the last few weeks and all the posts have been HUGELY helpful - so thankyou.

The time has come to finally go live and I really am terrified!

I currently have a store live and I have just logged into my ftp and will presumably have to delete all files to get rid of the existing site.

I really am NOT technically minded - not sure why i tried to do this in the first place actually!!!
    So my questions are quite long I'm afraid .....

My FTP area will be completely empty so do I need to place any folders in it before attempting upload?
    I know my domain, ftp codes, email passwords etc (email is working fine as have tested the store on a trial server)

I guess I might need someone to point out exactly what I need to do to my ftp space for the store to work - again I am really not technically minded and just want to try to get it right before I delete my existing site!

Any advice greatly received. In fact if anyone can really talk me through it whilst I go live I would be eternally in your debt!!!!
    Bex

Hi Becky

First of all you will need to create 2 folders:

acatolog

cgi-bin

Then set the permissions

acatolog=777

cgi-bin 755

Once you have done that, you will need to set the paths in network setup.

There is a lot of info in initial website configuration forum which will also be really helpful

I would start there

Good luck

Mick

Comment

Thanks Mick,

I've just poured a glass of vino ready for the mammouth stress ahead!!!
      I'll no doubt encounter problems but I'll see how I go!

Cheers,
      Bex

Comment

Working...
      X