Stock control errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock control errors

Having done a search on this topic I see there have been a number of others with problems. This is our problem on one of the sites.

Our sales manager has noticed discrepancies in the stock levels shown in Actinic on his PC where he downloads orders to. These discrepancies are sometimes large. When he gets new stock he adjusts the figures manually in Actinic.

This is my first question. When stock levels get changed in this way should we upload to the web site, or does it not matter. Are stock levels in Actinic only adjusted when orders are downloaded?

We have only just applied the 7.0.5 patch so all this happened in version 7.0.3.

Bob
    Supporting the environment. This post uses 100% recycled electrons.
    Bob Isaac
    Director/Web Admin
    Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Actinic MS Business Version 8.5.2

Hi,

When you make manual amendments to the stock levels it is advisable to update the site as Stock adjustments are made when orders are downloaded.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

does this mean, that if my stock levels for a product are set to '5' and i receive a delivery and manually change this to '10' but do a download before i upload, the download will change the product levels back to 5?

or will it only change the stock levels back to the original if that particular product has been ordered? ie, it will go to 4 instead of 9?

Comment

Bruce's post doesn't make sense because some of the errors we have had result in having considerably more stock (according to Actinic) that we do.

Bob
        Bob Isaac
        Director/Web Admin
        Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Comment

Hi,

Maybe I was a bit cryptic there. What I meant was you will need to do an update only if you are displaying stock online, else on downloading orders, Actinic will update the newly entered stock levels.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

We don't display stock online, that has never been uploaded. I do all uploads from my PC. Stock is only on the PC our sales manager uses to download orders.

So, we have established that every time Actinic downloads an order it will take one item off the stock number registered in the sales managers PC. Well, that is what is going wrong. His stock figures are way off. On one item he now has more than we ever had at first of that item, and there is only one in the stock room.

Bob
            Bob Isaac
            Director/Web Admin
            Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Comment

What do you do when a customer cancels an order? Also do you accept check payment because i think that Actinic will decrement stock on order download. I would suggest looking at the payment types that you have and checking what happens to stock on download for each of them, maybe one of the payment methods is not reducing stock.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
              X