random email problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

random email problems

Has anyone experienced receipt emails occasionally getting lost? Receipt emails to customers (and copies to us) sometimes disappear. This is a real problem for us as the receipts normally (but not always) contain digital download links.

Looking at similar threads the problem normally seems to be with the ISP blocking mails to particular domains, but I don't think this is case here because:

- We don't receive the copies of the disappeared emails either,
    - The ISP (Claranet) say they don't block any domains,
    - I can't find any trends in the email addresses concerned,
    - We always get "Catalog Order received" emails.

This is making our customer service look very shabby! All suggestions gratefully received please....

If the customer doesn't return to the receipt page after paying then actinic doesn't send out the customer order email. This might be your problem as I find that something like 5-10% of my customers don't return to the site after paying but just go off elsewhere.

The logic in doing it this way is that Actinic don't want to send out the email if the customer dosn't complete payment as it wouldn't be a proper order. You certainly wouldn't want it sent out earlier if there was a digital download link in the email.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Mike-

thanks for the reply, I hadn't realsied that and whilst it makes sense I wish I'd seen it in some documentation first!

I guess I'll strengthen my wording encouraging people to return to the site after completing the transaction.

thanks

Mark

www.bluebrolly.com

Comment

Ive just posted on a similar thread about Actinic not working properly.

Interesting I too have recently been experiencing problems following upgrading of several shops, the main one being that the automatic emailing of a order received to a customer has stopped working on all my clients shops.

I dont think that customers have to return to the site in order that an email is sent, certainly during testing of several sites I have not had to return to the main site to have an email sent. All my sites were working fine until I upgarded them - may be Actinic can clarify.

Comment

The 'order recieved' email is sent when the customer goes to pay, but the customer receipt email is only generated when a customer returns to the receipt page.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Chears Mike, it is 'order recieved' emails that are not being sent automaticaly following the upgrade. Emails can be sent ok from within the orders section of Actinic so it is not a ISP/Domain issue.

Comment

Working...
            X