Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bounce Page CSS Nightmare.

Hi,

I wonder if some one can help, I'm having real problems with the text on the bounce page, after confirming adding a product to the basket. For some bizarre reason the text for the cart on this page goes really big, even when there is no style sheet linked to it? All other pages are fine.

Any help really appreciated.

http://www.ambience-dev1.co.uk/acatalog/Index.html

Thanks.

The opening tags acting on that text are as follows...

Code:
    <FONT SIZE="+2"><P><SPAN CLASS="actxsmall"><B>
    I dont know why there is the preceding <font> tag used there, as it isnt necessary to define the font using the <font> tag when you have defined a style rule that formats the font using the <span> tag.

So, try removing the <font size="+2"> tag (and its respective closing tag of course) from the relevant template and that might work. If that doesnt work, I have no idea.

Comment

Hi Adam,

Well spotted, that definately looks like the problem!! however I cant seem to find that bit of code in any of the templates?

I've searched all the obvious ones but not a thing .... ??? I've seen from other posts that bounce calls Act_ShoppingCartXML.html but there is no reference here.

Does anyone no if the perl script could be doing it?

Thanks.

Comment

If you untick 'Compact HTML/CGI' in Design | Options on the Miscellaneous tab, and re-upload, you will be able to see the template name in the source code.

You also need to look at the product layour for http://www.ambience-dev1.co.uk/acata...__IL_CL10.html this is almost impossible to read in Opera, I had to drag the mouse over the text squeezed into the small area to the right of the large image to make it visible.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

running out of hair to pull out!!!

Hi thanks for the comments so far, unfortunately we are still unable to address this problem. For some reason on the bounce page after adding to the cart the text all increases in size: The code doing this as rightly pointed out above is:

<FONT SIZE="+2">

However we cant work out why it is only doing it for this page and why on earth it is even doing it in the first place?

All the rest of the text is fixed with css, is the bouce page generated by an XML of Javacsript page that we are missing?

Any help really appreciated.

Comment

Are you sure there is a stylesheet attached? The class is further down the cascade than the <font> declaration so should over ride the styling

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
            X