Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

upgrading from developer to latest version .. a good idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upgrading from developer to latest version .. a good idea?

Hello folks.

I am currently holding onto my developer v.7.0.1. for grim death but clearly, paying for Actinic Cover each month in the hope that my £25 a month will cover a bigger upgrade to v8 etc., soon!

It strikes me that I may as well update at this point to v.7.0.5 .. but I am worried that my current very stable v7.0.1 might be messed up (the wheel not being broken ... and all that) and if I have clients who have sites who have the old version installed, might my changing something on their site remotely with my shiny new version potentially mess up THEIR access? .. which would clearly be bad ..

if a client has just the Order Manager interface at their place, would they be effected by me updating?

ah the fun of it all ...

David

Usually only best to upgrade if you need a bug fixing - check out the list to see if there is anything you particularly need. If you do upgrade don't forget to do a full copy of the site folders as a snapshot does not take certain files with it and install a default copy (.pl files).

When you upgrade you will need to upgrade remote installs of v7 also as when your client tries to contact the webserver they will receive the error message complaining the files are not the same.

Unsure about order manager but may just be a new snapshot install.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

sounds to me like I should stick with my dear old v.7.0.1. for now .. any idea when v8 is due?

thanks.

D

Comment

Working...
      X