Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - V7.05 wont let me update!!!

Hi

Just updated to V7.05 and and started to refresh my website as instructed - got about halfway through and it hung, then then dispalyed a error conecting to to server.

Now when I try to refresh or do anything the program does not respond - I can click all the buttons but nothing happens.

Tried switching on and off but still no functions available within the program.

Can anyone help.

Loosing hair faster than it's growing!!!

Ian
    Ian
    Commercial Cleaning Cambridgeshire

Have you tried Help | Troubleshooting | Website Purge and Refresh?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi Jont

Tried to do that but there is no response.

Get to the point where I tell it to delete the files and then it just stops working.

Very frustrating - can anyone help?

Ian
      Ian

Comment

How about deleteing the server files by FTP and then re-trying

If it works dont forget to renumber your order numbers when all the dust has settled
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown
          How about deleteing the server files by FTP and then re-trying
          I have a feeling that something is wrong with the software - it is not actually even trying to comunicate with my website when I ask it to upload - nothing, it does not even send any info to or from the site it just sits there doing nothing.

None of the comunicating functions of actinic work for this site - no upload, refresh or retrieving orders etc work - I can click on the icons/buttons but they do nothing - my asdl logs tell me that actinic is not comunication with the server - no dialog boxes come up - nothing

Really weird thing is that I run other sites with the same software and they are OK. It is just this site had trouble first uploading the site after upgrade to 7.05 and now its broken.

Now going grey as well as bald.

Ian
          Ian

Comment

Have you checked for any firewalls stopping the connection? The upgrade may being being treated as a new program and is being blocked

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
              Have you checked for any firewalls stopping the connection? The upgrade may being being treated as a new program and is being blocked
              Yes - firewall lets catalog send and receive OK. I have other site running from this software that do not have a problem.

If it is a server problem - what files would be the best to delete via FTP?

Thanks for your help

Ian
              Ian

Comment

Big Big Help Now

It happened again - I cannot upload to my site - this time I have tried the fixed suggestr=ed by Actinic (delete cat files and .pl + .pm files) - but nothing.

I now have a site that is blank as all the relevant files are deleted and I cannot upload to it.

This is the second time this has happened on two different sites - is it a serious bug in 7.05?

Desperate to get this sorted as this is our big money site that is now down.

Help needed!!

Ian
                Ian

Comment

Hi,

This has not been reported before in v7.0.5. There are a couple of things you can try here:

1. Go to the 'Advanced | Network Setup' screen and change your 'script ID Number'. Then refresh the site (Web | Refresh Website).

- if that doesn't work then,

2. If you have some other server space to upload to then please save your current network settings (click the 'Export' button in the network setup screen) and then import/set up the settings for the new space and try refreshing the site. If that works, then re-import your live settings and try the refresh again. If you do not have any space to upload to then let me know and I can set you up with some temporary space on one of our test servers.
                  Tracey
                  SellerDeck

Comment

[QUOTE=TraceyG]Hi,

This has not been reported before in v7.0.5. There are a couple of things you can try here:

1. Go to the 'Advanced | Network Setup' screen and change your 'script ID Number'. Then refresh the site (Web | Refresh Website).
                    QUOTE]

Hi Tracy

This seemed to work - thanks - but when the update had finished it came up with a warning "Parameter is incorrect"

What does this mean?

The site now seems to be operating OK.

Ian
                    Ian

Comment

Hi Ian,

I've never seen this error in an uploading context. Do you get this error when you update the site too? If you keep getting it can you try compacting the databases (Housekeeping menu | Compact Databases) and then try the update again.

If it still occurs, then can you post a screenshot of the error please.
                      Tracey
                      SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                      X