Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server scripts incompatible

Hi

I'm having a lot of trouble downloading a test order and I get the following message coming up.

The server scripts are incompatible with this version of Actinic. Refresh the web site.

If order processing is split from web site maintenance then the two copies of Actinic must be upgraded to the same version.

If this error persists, copy the perl scripts from the original subdirectory and try again.

Server version = "7 FBIA". Client version = "7 FEVA".

I've looked through the forum and found a thread in a similar vien, http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ghlight=7+FBIA , and have done as instructed there. I've deleted the created scripts (the ones ending ..001.pl and .pm in both my site1 folder on my PC and deleted the ones in my cgi-bin on the server. I've done a full refresh and still I'm getting the above message flagging up.

Any ideas would be appreciated - I'm inexperienced in Actinic and am vary of deleting things as I've no idea what these files do.

Thanks

Andy

Hi,

The easiest way to solve this issue is to go to the 'Help' menu and select 'Troubleshooting'. Click on the 'Website Purge and Refresh' button at the bottom of the screen, tick 'delete perl files and restore from the Original folder' and click 'Delete and Refresh' (you can also tick the 'delete .cat and .fil files' option too if you want as those files are regenerated on an upload too). This basically deletes the *.pl and *.pm files from your pc and replaces them with the original perl files (please note that if you have amended any you will need to make the changes again). It also deletes those files from the server too and will refresh your website (ie send everything up again). This will ensure that you have the correct version of the perl files on your pc and on the server.

The perl files contain the programming that allows the shop to work. If you want to know more about what each script does then please see here
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks for that Tracey - everything working fine now.

Comment

Working...
      X