Thumbnail Section Links Vertical Lineup Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thumbnail Section Links Vertical Lineup Issue

Hi - just looking at the "Creating a page of thumbnail Section Links" feature on page 24 of the advanced manual.

One problem I have always had is to get the 2nd row of thumbnails to vertically lineup if there are less thumbnails on the 2nd row than the first.

I noticed Norman has achieved this with his plugin for "Multiple column search results" - see Multiple Column Search Results

Can this be achieved on the theumbnail section links?
    Regards
    David

Hi,

Easiest way, but not always practical, is to create dummy sections that
    use a single transparent pixel as the image. For the section layout use "Image only - no text shown', you will also have to make sure that the dummy section is the last one on the list of sections / subsections.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce - I agree that this would work but it would another overhead that I could do without.

I was hoping to maybe do something a bit cuter.
      Regards
      David

Comment

Hi,

Does it work for you if you change the <DIV> tag given in the Advanced User Guide for the sectionline template from "CENTER" to "LEFT"?
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey - I'm afraid that it does not do it. I have tried all the obvious options.

I think it would need a change to the code that generates the html pages to create an empty table(s) if the final row has less products than the previous row.

It looks to me that if you set Actinic sections up for 3 columns, then it creates each product within a table within a <td width="33%">. If the final row only has 2 products then there is a <td width="33%"> missing.

David
          Regards
          David

Comment

Working...
          X