Returning to wrong page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Returning to wrong page

Within my site I have added a html form which opens in a new window from the left hand navigation.

If you open this up form and subsequently close it. When you view cart and hit the continue shopping button, it takes you back to the form rather than the shop.

It seems to navigate ok if you go through other shop pages prior to viewing the cart.

If you want to try it, use the link below. Once in, click on 'Send an Enquiry', close it, veiw cart, continue shopping.

The problem seems to be tied up in the java............beyond my reasoning!
    Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk
    The online store for Briggs and Stratton spare parts

Hi There,

I have tried the site.. as you suggested and went to the SSL area, tried another approach.. added something to cart, then clicked on the form, closed it, did a view cart and then checkout and it took me to the SSL area, works fine. Could be a caching issue on your system, can you try the same thing after deleting cookies and temp internet files.

You may even have a dummy form sent to you !!!

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks for trying.

Thats ok. As long as first timers are not getting the problem I'll leave well alone.

Your form message came through fine.

It may be that it only does it if the form is not sent.

I'll mess about with various testings after clearing my temporaries.

Thanks

Graham
      Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk

Comment

I've got exactly what it does.

It still did this after clearing all temporary files.

Open the form. It makes no difference if you send it or not so just open it and close it again.

Then view the cart. Do not proceed into checkout but click continue shopping. It will ruturn to the form but not in a new window so the navigation to the rest of the site is lost.

If instead of clicking continue shopping, you use your back button, you go back to the catalogue page.

The view cart page is not secure. Therefore can I not just code the return button to navigate to the store top with basic html?
        Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X