Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I insert a form in front of my cart..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I insert a form in front of my cart..?

I trying to set up an online phone shop and which means I'm required to place the contract details form in front of my cart to capture details etc...

I have mimiced the form in dreamweaver that's not a problem, knowing how to integrate it into the confines of actinic's 'walled garden' is another issue.

So form is done, does that PERL stuff in my CGI-BIN need tickling..?

Using ACTINIC CATALOG v7.04, have dreamweaver, notepad and a little bit of hope left...

Is there anything that anyone knows to make this dream a reality and my life easier....

Please have a snoop, any and all info is gratefully received, recommendations and suggestions needed please!

Malcolm Cook
    malc@talk-to-me.co.uk
    www.pos-to-me.co.uk

This raises the question of - how much of the form is data entry that you need returned to you with the order?

Actinic has user defined prompts for the checkout process that might help you, otherwise Norman Rouxel has something more elaborate on his www.drillpine.biz
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

The answer to that is...

Only about 6 or so fields more (length of time at address, credit check details basically) than is available on user defined fields options in the text bit of the website tab really, then there has to be a token payment for a CVV2 check to initiate a direct debit for the phone contract.

once these details are collected and the customer makes there first payment I get to buy food, tasty cool beveridges and stuff, yippee!!!

I dont supposed you could give me a more exact pointer to where exactly on the the drillbiz site, it quite busy and there's alot going on there... I cant see which tree you're refering in the middle of that woods!

I hope you appreciate what I mean.

Malcolm Cook
      malc@talk-to-me.co.uk
      www.pos-to-me.co.uk

Comment

Here is the link to Norman's product - please note the terms of use require you to send Norman a donation. Read more on the page http://www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/

http://www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuf...nfoPrompts.txt
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Sterling work Mr Campbell!

May Ra smile favourably on you, and hopefully Ptah will open my waythrough all of this electrickery, ay.

Thanks everso.

Malcolm Cook
          malc@talk-to-me.co.uk
          www.pos-to-me.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X