Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken link/Snapshot Error

Hello Ladies and Gents

Have just tried to do a snapshot of my site which im working on.Everything was going great until i got an error message at the end.

This is what it said:

Errors 1
    (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 582) - The file C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\shim.gif was not found System error 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.

I can understand the message to mean that i have a broken link to a file (ive probably accidently deleted it) Anyway the sites working fine without.

What im actually asking you is how do i goabout finding the part of the site where the broken link is. ive brough up most of the HTML for the pages and cant seem to find it.

any suggestions or programs i can run to hunt it down??

Appreciate the help

PS - whats the general opnion of the logo at the top of my page - www.purethoughts.co.uk - im not sure whether i like it. Finding a logo has been a nightmare for my company.Just keep workin at it i suppose....Cheers.
    Michael Houlden

Pure Thoughts Soap Company

Luxury Handmade Soap, Bath Treats, Skincare and Gifts.

shim.gif is a spacer image used in three of the Actinic Themes - if you go to Actinic v7/Formats/Themes and select the theme you used as a base for your site, you can copy shim.gif from here back into your site1 folder.

I like the outline angel logo and the subtle way you re-use it throughout the page.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for your help once again Bill, and for your comments.

Many many thanks

Kind regards
      Michael Houlden

Pure Thoughts Soap Company

Luxury Handmade Soap, Bath Treats, Skincare and Gifts.

Comment

Michael - you may want to look at the font used for the main header logo. The font used in the green "welcome" box is totally different to the main logo - you also have "Pure Thoughts" capiltalised and 2 words in the green box and "purethoughts" all lowercase and as 1 word.... best to use either 1 format or the other and stick with it to maintain brand identity.

The angel logo in the coloured boxes works very well.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X