X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not connecting to ftp server after upgrade

Serious problem after upgrading from 7.02 to 7.05

I can't update site and i really need to. When i try i get the error:

An error occurred when trying to connect to the server. This can happen when the server is unreachable or you have set up an SSL server, but this server can not accept SSL connections, or Windows is confused about proxy settings. If you have Internet Explorer or another application configured to work with a proxy, the settings should be the same for Actinic. Please check your connection first.

when i try a network refresh i get the following error

Unable to connect to the FTP server "ftp.trustmeimathief.com" because the specified server is invalid. This could also occur if the network connection is down.

The server name or address could not be resolved

Nothing has been changed apart from the upgrade. Can you please please help.

Andy

Have you tried connecting to the server using standalone FTP software?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Go into Web | Configure Website Details and ensure that both checkboxes are unchecked and then allow the software to go through its checks as normal, which once completed, then try a Refresh of the site.

Comment

fixed

Just a quick note to say thanks for the advice - which sorted out the problem.

Cheers,

Andy

Comment

No worries - it is a strange but true fact, that when nothing appears to have changed and the host service is still the same as before, something as simple as getting Actinic to reconfirm its settings, does sometimes solve the problem.....

Strange but true in an Actinic twilight sort of way

Comment

Working...
          X