Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Your server is not set up to accept cookie headers - Actinic did not receive a respo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Your server is not set up to accept cookie headers - Actinic did not receive a respo

I understand from other threads that this error message is to do with security but may not prevent the store working. My question is, how do I upload the store without going through the netwrok connection wizard process in Catalog? At the moment, I cannot get beyond the error message.

Kevin

You can set up your network settings by selecting the 'Network Settings...' option from 'Advanced' on the main catalog menu. Once you have done this you will not be taken to the wizard when you try to upload your site.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

This is a known problem in v4 - which was fixed in v5 onwards.

The settings test may fail, but the store should still upload OK.

Comment

Patch for Cookie Headers

I have the same problem uploading through the Wizard...and have probably sent my ISP provider on a wild goose chase now. If it's known, why not release a patch so "users" like myself can just use the Wizard ?
        Thanks

Anthony Kudzin

Comment

Hi there

If it's known, why not release a patch so "users" like myself can just use the Wizard ?
          Due to the changing nature of the internet, the wizard has been rendered usable. We cannot simply supply a patch, as it will mean changing the network setup system of version 4. As version 4 is 4 years old, this will not be a viable option to us. This issue is fixed in the later version of Actinic, Version 5, 6 and 7.

You can download a 30 day trial of Version 7, use the Network wizard then you can export the network settings and import into your version 4.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Re: unusable Wizard on 4.0

Thanks for your advice. However if you support v 4.0+ and I am a boda fide User, I believe you should patch the code. Change it to a warning and recompile the program. I would agree with your point of view if it was unsupported....then you should offer a cheap upgrade path. I cannot afford V7. I have downloaded V7, run the wizard, got around the problem then uploaded. Now I get HTTP Error 500 messages, that I never got before, and I don't know what's the cause. Your workaround does not necessarily remove the problem.

I work in IT and Support SAP....so I understand the issues. However Supported is Supported. That's why I bought it....and not used a freebie OS versions.

I don't think I'm alone. I was quoted £295 (if I recall) to upgrade !
            Thanks

Anthony Kudzin

Comment

Support for V4

Hi Anthony

Officially, only the current version and previous version are supported by Actinic in terms of releasing patches, although I understand that there are lots of users happy to continue using versions 4 and 5 and we will do our best to help resolve issues in both these versions.

As Nadeem pointed out, due to increased security on the internet, there are now problems with running the connection wizard in v4 and using a more recent version to generate the settings is a good work-around for this.

I'm not sure what is causing the Error 500 on upload, but I suggest posting your network settings here (without username & password) - we may be able to make a reasonable guess - or register a query here and the support team will look into it for you.

Ben
              Ben Popplestone
              Ecommerce website software

Comment

Re: unusable Wizard on 4.0

I've given up on this.......I used V7 got the wizard to get the settings, exported / imported into V4.1.1. and then ran a test. Errors in mail server reported now and HTTP 500 messages Site won't upload. I then uploaded V7 to my host and it ran fine.

It would be nice to have a wizard running...just to eliminate what's going wrong. Maybe I should just rebuild up V4 incase something got corrupted.

how do I upgrade to V5 if the problem is fixed there ??
                Thanks

Anthony Kudzin

Comment

We only offer upgrades to the current version, I'm afraid. Give Sales a call on 0845 129 4800 for the details.
                  Ben Popplestone
                  Ecommerce website software

Comment

Working...
                  X