Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spacing Issue that has appeared from nowhere!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has nobody got any ideas? Never seen this before?

WHY IS IT ALWAYS ME!! =P

please help I havent got time to upload 2 90mb snapshots!
    www.bathroomexpress.co.uk

Comment

Why don't you tidy up the code, then it will make life easier to recode and identify the error

Comment

please dont take offence to this... but...

if it works on the old snapshot and not on the current don't any of you think that it may not be a layout problem with Act_Primary???

I really appreciate all your help, I know you do not HAVE to help me =)

Just think we are looking in the wrong place!

Comment

In post #11 I suggested a line by line comparison between the old, working, Act_primary and the new, messed up Act_primary.

In post #12 you said nothing has changed - was this a reference to the comparison suggested in post #11?

Did you try overwriting the new Act_Primary with the old? Did that change anything? You can do the overwrite of the one file with confidence, since you have a snapshot of the non-working file.

It is possible the difference is one missing > which would be very hard to spot in the code you have now.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

If anyone was aware of anything other than HTML coding that could cause this then we'd most likely have had a reply by now.

The main reason we're focusing on the html is because we've seen the same thing happen several times and although the sudden appearance of this is strange it doesn't really change our opinion on the most likely cause.

Looking at the problem, your only real hope is to tidy up the html. This may fix it, it may not, but until you've eliminated it as the probable cause there's no real alternative to move forward.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Cheers guys, i would like to reiterate that I was not being funny with ya, I appreciate your help =D

Rite, ill just run through my method..

I was at a position to start considering goin live with the redesign. I have been working on it on and off since mid June. Obviously the snapshot that the changes were made to is 3 months out of date. I copied all the primary files from the 'Site1' directory and put them in a folder on my desktop. I then proceeded to apply the snapshot of the current site with all the product changes (etc.) that have taken place since June.

The snapshot goes on with out a problem, I do a site preview (or even upload to my test server) and it looks exactly like it does on the web. So I then copied/pasted the template files from the folder on my desktop in to the Site1 folder...

I have done a page preview, a site preview, site update and site refresh, still huge gap.

To narrow the possibilities I have tried the following....

Reverting back to old snapshot and testing it... then copying the template files I have backed up on my desktop to the site1 directory... No change.

Removed EVERYTHING from the 'content' table on act_primary.html and then updated the site... the site displayed perfectly (layout wise) but obviously without any content!

Replaced ONLY act_primary... same prob

This leads me to believe that the problem lies out of act_primary...

why oh why!

Comment

You might be right that the problem is outside the Actinic_Primary template, you might be wrong.

The problem is that actinic uses nested tables for the overall layout and the products, so an error in a table definition could be in primary template but only show up when you try and put content in the tables (as the product templates do).

The key places to look at the table definitions are the Act_Primary templates and the Act_ProductBody template. You also have to check the product templates as they define the table content for the table in Act_ProductBody.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

point noted,

but why does this not show up when it is on the old snapshot. the only thing that has changed is the products inside actinic. Its using exactly the same templates as before... ?!? will check all templates just incase though!

Comment

I have just fixed the problem, and considering I'm not very happy!

I went through and cleaned the code up, no change, tried tweaking this, and that, nope.

Cut the NETQUOTEVAR:'s from the table I had put them in and placed them directly in to the table, and it worked.

The reason i'm not happy is, why does it do this, and just on this snapshot.

ah well, at least its sorted now.

Cheers for all your help everyone

Ben

Comment

Working...
                    X