Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking product data from Excel

Hi All,
    I have searched the posts here, but cannot get to the bottom of this problem.

I have an Actinic site I am trying to develop, but as I have >200 products to add I thought I would link them.

Seemed OK for a while, but now I get 3 errors repeatedly when I import / refresh:
    1. An error occurred while editing the product database table. Data truncated.
    2. Business messagebox - Data truncated
    Error generating HTML pages
    Section: Eyeglasses
    Product name: Eyeglass with clip 3
    Product reference: E97

Actinic gets into a repeat loop of last 2 messages, trying to preveiw the section.
    I have now deleted all the products that it mentions in my Excel file but I cannot get rid of the messages or find the products in Actinic to delete them there.

The External file has Product reference, short description, full description, and image file name in. none of these fields have data longer than the 20, 255, 20,000, 50 characters that are recommended.

Are characters like & OK in the descriptions? Any issues with later version of Excel files. Any suggestions?
    I have downloaded the latest patches in case that was it. And Done compact and repair on the database.

Try importing your Excel file into an Access database, so long as it is a flat file with headers you should get a replication of the spreadsheet.

Linking to the database should be much easier.
    Visit http://www.wonderlandparty.co.uk for Fancy Dress Costumes and Accessories. Possibly the largest choice available on the Net

Comment

Working...
    X