Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

selectable free shipping options

Hi,
    We are currently using V6 and was wondering if there is any way of setting up free shipping for selected destinations for example, all purchases of £50 to a UK address? At the moment, I can olny get it to select free shipping across the board with no restrictions. Is this possible, or will it be in a later version?

Also, I see someone has already asked this, but I think the option to include a discount code box at checkout would be a great feature and one that would be welcomed at our site.

Cheers,
    Martin

for example, all purchases of £50 to a UK address?

This would be done by

1) Charging shipping with a calculation basis of 'Value'

2) Creating a zone called the 'UK' with a zone member of 'United Kingdom' (this is already in the sample db but you may want to remove 1st and 2nd class shipping that is already there)

3) In this shipping table you can then create a a new entry with a value of £49.99 and a cost of whatever you want. Then create a second entry with a Value of £50.00 and a Cost of £0.00.

4) Set 'Excess' to 'Take the highest value in the table'.

Thanks for teh wish lst request - I will post this to the development team for consideration.

Comment

Woooohooo

Hi Chris,
      Thanks for the reply.... It works!! - well, you knew that already.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
      Martin

Comment

Hi to you both
        I know most of your questions have been answered but I have a similar problem. We charge by length of item with additional charges for areas in the scotish highlands & Certain areas of wales. The only way we have been able to get around this is to create, much the same as you, individual charges that the customer has to select from. But what we really need is a similar box to weight of item but one we can specify the length of an item and the shopping cart then picks up the longest item identified and applies the appropriate carriage charge with a second charge being related to the post code, perhaps the inclusion of using the post office paf file in a later version should anyone need to use it for identifying customers correct address.

With regards to your discount, we offer discounts on order value i.e 5% for £100.00 to £199.99 7.5% £200.00 to £299.99 up to £700.00 but i am having to have a plugin written for this, which was due 1st week of December but i am still awaiting for, which Actinic sales have organised for me. Although I launch my online shopping site on the 23rd it does not give me much time for testing. However discounting on order value or for predefined products i think should actually be part of the software, before you say it chris not the one in order processing, the customer needs to see how much he/she has saved.

any suggestions, maybe we can come to some arrangement on the cost of this plugin for future versions?

Comment

I'm afriad I cannot think of a way to handle your 'length of item' issue - Actinic always totals up the shipping 'data' (whether that be weight/length or whatever) so the only thing you could do is 'total length' - which would be fine if people were only ordering one item but not if they were ordering more than one (as, I'm sure, you already know).

I have added this to this wish list, together with your request for post-code data and loyalty schemes.

Comment

Working...
          X