Using Site Colours within descriptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Site Colours within descriptions

I'm trying to change the font colour with a product description.

The colour I want to use for a heading is NETQUOTEVAR:PALCOLOR2CSS. However if I try and embed this within the !!< >!! coding the text NETQUOTEVAR:PALCOLOR2CSS is replaced with [PALCOLOR2CSS] and the value is never replaced in the coding.

Is there an easy way to get this to work?

The !!< >!! bits are for use within the application inputs, i.e. if you want to use html in the full description area and that, but when it comes to changing elements within the templates, then dont place those tags either side..

Give it a go within the templates without the tags around it..

Comment

This is the coding I currently have within the Full Description box

!!<<p><b><font face="Verdana" size="5" color="[PALCOLOR2CSS]">balloontastic - fantastic
      balloons</font></b></p>>!!

NETQUOTEVAR:PALCOLOR2CSS is what I've typed in, but it gets replaced with [PALCOLOR2CSS] as shown above. However the text colour is not correct.

Can the NETQUOTEVAR's be used here?

the testing url is here http://www.flower-fairy.co.uk/acatalog/ - ive tried embedding the variable into the other text to see if it gets replaced too.

Comment

You would be better creating a class style in the actinic.css style sheet and using the NQV to define the colour there and using the class="" command in the HTML

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Sorry.. That is not allowed in the text areas and is restricted to be using in the templates or css files. best of adjusting the actual product template to use that marker hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by jont
            You would be better creating a class style in the actinic.css style sheet and using the NQV to define the colour there and using the class="" command in the HTML
            You're right! Thanks for that I've added a couple of new classes and used the NQV's in there.

Comment

Working...
            X