Site Snapshot causes Actinic to crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Snapshot causes Actinic to crash

I always do a site backup every day. Today, half way through the backup prosess Actinic crashed. I have re-booted and re-run Actinic - all works fine except that everytime I do I site snapshot it now crashes half way through. Any ideas?. I haven't installed any new software or drivers in the past few weeks. I've now no idea if the site is being backup up or not and crashing totally is not a good thing.
    Cheers

Have you tried using a new name for the snapshot? If the exisiting file is corrupted it may be causing the backup to crash. Often worth compacting the database as this solves a multitude of sins.

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Before you do the snapshot, make sure that the L/H section/product tree has not got a fragment highlighted. I always highlight the home page and have not had a failure since.
      I understand that this is a long going issue.
      Graham

www.Briggsbits.co.uk
      The online store for Briggs and Stratton spare parts

Comment

mine used to crash because I was linking to a CSS Stylesheet that was localy stored (C:\print.css)...

changes it and it was fine. Wierd!

may have same problem if you link to another file, not just .css's

hth
        www.bathroomexpress.co.uk

Comment

Fixed !

Nice one! Changing name and compacting database made no difference. However, a product was selected in the left hand pane. I highlighted the home page as suggested and now it backs-up just fine. Cheers guys & many thanks.
          Jim

Comment

Nice one for me too!
            I was getting an error report each time I tried to backup and this fixed it!
            Thanks very much.

Comment

Mine stills crashes even after I do all this please help...

If it's an 'ongoing issue' shouldn't something like this have been sorted before being realised? It's seems like quite an important part of the process??! Or is that just me?!

Comment

duplicate thread started at http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=18534

Bikster
                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
                X