HTML text nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTML text nightmare

I've been trying to get a line of text larger than the default size in my item description.

My knowledge of HTML is virtually nil so maybe I'm not doing it correctly.

I go to the preview page - right click to view source - insert the tags - then save.

The page comes up exactly as I want it but as soon as I come out of the preview page it reverts to the bog standard text.

This is what I've done;

<b><h2>Aberdeen Classics</h2></b>

Why can't I save it?

You need to make the changes within the templates as opposed to the resultant code of the pages....

Go into Advanced | Template Manager and locate the template which you wish to make the text different and apply the change directly to the template, for it to them manifest itself across all elements using that template.

Comment

If the change is only on one item, then ignore the templates and make the change in your product by prefacing the html part of the description with !!< to tell Actinic to treat what follows as html code and at the end of the code part put >!! to tell Actinic the code is finished.

This would make your example !!<<b><h2>Aberdeen Classics</h2></b>>!!
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

It may be worth editing the h2 tag in the actinic.css style sheet to include the bold / strong attribute - that would speed up typing in the code, have better form and makes it easier to change globally at a later stage if you want to say make all h2 tags red and underlined.

Just a thought.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for your valued help guys.

I've tried without success to locate the template, though I must say I dont really know what I'm looking for.

I tried adding !!<<b><h2>Aberdeen Classics</h2></b>>!! to the original <b><h2>Aberdeen Classics</h2></b>>, it does work but will not save.

Not sure where to go next, the page I have made so far looks very uninteresting to say the least, looking at other Actinic sites I would assume they've been put together professionaly.

Comment

Nigel - if you made the change in a preview page then it will not save.

I understand you to mean you want the bold text somewhere in the middle of the descriptive text on a product page, so the code I gave would be typed in on the attached Actinic page. If this is not where you want the text, can you give us a screen shot of what you do want.
            Attached Files
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Finally cracked it, thank you William for your attachment, seeing where you inserted the code explained all!

I was way off track but this will certainly help, I have a long way to go before the site is complete - I think the biggest hurdle will be uploading to get online, I'm with 123 and a bit concerned about this aspect, but that's a long way off

Thanks again - your help was truly appreciated.

Nigel.

Comment

Working...
              X