Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conflict of Filenames

I have just tried to upload my site and got the following error message;

Some filenames conflict. All files being sent to the web site must have unique names. Please check the list of files in Advanced | Additional Files.

Some of the following files must be renamed before an upload can occur. Once the files are renamed, reselect them in the Actinic.

C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Images\medium_20222.jpg
    C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\medium_20222.jpg

The image I want to use is at \Images\medium_20222.jpg so I have removed the image located at \Sites\Site1\medium_20222.jpg but i'm still getting the same error.

This has affected 20+ images.

Any ideas...........?

Removing the files from the actual folders wont stop the error, as you have instructed Actinic to get the images from there at some point in the past, so you will need to go through and locate where these images are being called from, and then change them to come from the single source location, which will then sort that one out.

Basically, although you can pull your images and that from different locations, Actinic uploads the files to the /acatalog folder, so your source files in separate locations may have the same filename, but the destination can not take receipt of 2 files with the same filename, i.e. only 1 can exist of it, so Actinic can not tell which one to use, so stops the process and tells you about the issue, so you can manually sort it out.

Comment

Working...
    X