Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norton Patch Details Please (PERL QUESTION)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norton Patch Details Please (PERL QUESTION)

Hi
    I have noticed a few "no such file or folder" etc errors in the log and remember looking into this a while back. For the same reason I did not apply the patch then, I am unable to apply it now...

You have included 2 perl scripts (Actinic.pm and the ShoppingCart.pl) as part of the patch..

I use "modified" scripts to overcome some short falls in Actinic and cannot paste these into my site1 folder..

Now, as the programmer has decided not to comment the changes made (bad) I am unable to modify my patched perl scripts with the corrections..

I assume they are not too lengthly and relate mainly to the HTTP referer routines, however, I cannot 100% trust a file comparison between the norton scripts and the original scripts stored in the original folder and therefore cannot make the edits myself.

Could some kind person at Actinic please assist on this.

Could you explain this better please as there is not enough info here to understand what you are asking

Comment

I don't know how I can explain it any better to be honest as it's fairly clear to me...

I'll break the request down.

The norton.exe patch for Actinic 4 and 5 contains 2 modified scripts to handle privacy services.

If I copy them into my Site1 folder, all my own customisations will be overwritten.
      (Unless I spend ages re-customising the 2 new scripts)

Can Actinic please supply the NEW CODE only instead of the completed scripts..?

Comment

Ok I understand now.... unfortunately i can't help though.

I don't have any V4 or 5 sites

Comment

Hi there

We don't have a list of just the changes made to the perl scripts I'm afraid. However, if you get hold of a comparison tool like 'Compare It' (http://www.grigsoft.com/wincmp.htm), you can see the changes between the perl scripts from Actinic and the original v4 scripts in your 'Original' folder. This will show you all the changes. You can then also compare your modified scripts to the original ones to see all the changes you have made.

This should hopefully help you apply the changes in a meaningful way.

Comment

Hi
            Thanks for that. I'll download the software and check out the changes myself..

Still can't believe the additional code was not commented with the perl scripts though

BTW. You've included a ")" in your URL which causes the browser to crash

Comment

I use the excellent Open Source Winmerge from http://winmerge.sourceforge.net/
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Why not just ditch Norton?
                ChrisL
                skype chrisjlyon

Comment

Hi
                  Thanks for that Norman, should sort the issue no problem

@ChrisL
                  The problem is with other users (Customers) using Norton, not me..

Comment

Sorry Graeme: didn't realise there WAS a problem with Actinic for customers using Norton. Is this just a problem with earlier versions of Actinic? I use v7, and haven't had any problems reported by customers.
                    ChrisL
                    skype chrisjlyon

Comment

It only affects v4 sites and v5 sites before 5.1.4.

Basically, Norton was stripping out 'referrer' information from the Actinic shopping cart URLs that told it what page to go back to after adding to the cart. Therefore people were getting a '404 Not Found' page after adding to cart.

Comment

Working...
                      X