Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing from Spread Sheet

HI,
    I have a spreadsheet of my products which i import to my actinic site when i change images and prices etc.

The problem is i've made sub-sections in the contents tree on the actinic site (not the spread sheet) so that it's easier to navigate through products on the web site. Every time i import the spread sheet i don't map the section text otherwise the context tree reverts to listing the products in big lists instead of in the sub sections.

I want to now add a different product range, but when i import the updated spread sheet with the new products into actinic they don't show up. If i do a snapshot after importing they get saved into an $$orphans section. I was just wandering if there is any way of importing the data in it's own section without messing up what i've already done in the actinic catalogue.

Sorry if this sounds confusing
    ROB

in section text describe the sections like this

section1|section2|section3

ie section3 is a subsection of section2 which in turn is a subsection of section1

Comment

I have a client with data in Access and Pegaus Acc's - we used a bit of code to extract a Actinic styled hierarchal file for importing. Tis dealt with the queries, attributes, components and properties.
      This took a bit of doing when getting the query joins right but it did work.
      I know this is of no use from a spreadsheet but maybe the data could be put into Access where it would probable be easier to keep upto date as well.
      You will need some access coding experience - I struggled - then got some help - it took a programmer a few hours to build the structure but from there in I was comfortable managing it.
      Hope this may be of some help.
      David Cunningham

www.truska.com
      -----------------------------
      ECommerce (SellerDeck) & Web Design, Hosting, Search Engine Optimisation, Social Media and Remote Backup (Truska Backup)

Comment

Working...
      X