Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Pc

Hi
    Can someone please clarify for me. We have several thousand orders in our completed orders section on Actinic V6. We now have a new PC, can someone confirm that I cannot transfer these orders to the completed orders section on the new PC, Please. i.e Have we got to start at order 0001 again??
    Thanks

You can move the lot from one machine to another.

Basically, ensure that you install the exact same version 6.x.x etc etc onto the new machine as is being used on the old machine.

Then, in the old machine create a complete Site | Snapshot of your current site and then import that snapshot onto the new machine...

To be cautious, I would suspend ordering on the old machine to start with and update the website, then do it all and once it is all across and working ok, then unsuspend ordering (on the new machine) and update the site to go live again...

But, yes... You can move the lot across using the snapshot facility.

Comment

When you import a snapshot, you have a question to answer. "Overwrite existing orders?" If you choose yes, the orders from the current snapshot will be written into your new PC.

The order numbering being assigned is controlled on the website, unless you delete the site and start with a fresh upload then the numbering will continue without interruption.

A forum search on 'orders' should find a thread which tells you how to transfer the completed order data to the new PC.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

thank you for your help

Hi
        just a note to say thanks All is working fine now

Comment