Capturing Personilsed Info on Product Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capturing Personilsed Info on Product Page

How can I set up a product to capture personalised info on the product page that is passed through to the order. I know its easy to do at the checkout, but is it possible to do it on the product page itself? V4

(have spent ages searching the archives but not found a solution)
    Mike Booker
    M B Web Services
    mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
    +44 1932 340318

Norman Rouxel has a solution that allows you to have extended information on the product page, unfortunately it is only available for V5 or V6 but you might be able to work it out for V4. See http://www.rouxel.cwc.net/actinicstuff.html for more details.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan

Thanks - the V5/V6 solutions are a bit heavy, but I'll have a look to see if something can be done for V4. All that is needed is for AC to accept the additional info and pass it to the next screen.

Unless someone has a simpler solution?
      Mike Booker
      M B Web Services
      mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
      +44 1932 340318

Comment

Well, you've got the 'Other Info' and 'Date Info' prompts - although in v4 these fields appear in the 'Add to Cart' page rather than the product page. If you want them on the product page, you need to upgrade to v6.

Comment

I have now found a way of getting input from a custom field on the product page through to the Info prompt field and thus into the order.

Not the slickest method, as the field re-appears on the order details page (albeit pre-filled with the input from the product page), but better then nothing.

Overview of the solution:

When you click on the order button, AC then returns the Order Details page, and very thoughtfully includes the contents of the previous form input in a hidden field called PREQUERY.

So if you add a custom input field to a product template the contents are available at the order details stage amongst all the other data. This is also the stage where the Other Info prompt field is located.

The solution therefore is to add some Javascript to extract what you want from the PREQUERY field and add it to the Info Prompt field. No Perl mods required.

Note that the script also has to allow for exceptions etc.
          Mike Booker
          M B Web Services
          mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
          +44 1932 340318

Comment

I posted a lightweight version of doing this recently. It's on the V6 forum but should work in V4 and 5. See:-

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&threadid=1584

For details.

Norman
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman

Yes thanks for that it works well on the Order Details page against the Info Prompt.

However, the problem I was set was to put the input box (or boxes) on the original Product page, and my solution does just that.

Combining the two would allow multiple boxes on the product page to be carried through.
              Mike Booker
              M B Web Services
              mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
              +44 1932 340318

Comment

Ooops. I forgot that V4 didn't allow for Quantity on Product Page type products and that's what my patch was really intended for.

Norman
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                X