Producing a 'paper' catalog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Producing a 'paper' catalog

Is there an easy way to produce a either a pricelist or a full colour paper catalogue for printing, or as a pdf for downloading (we have the full version of Adobe Acrobat/Distiller) using the Actinic database?

Dave Harris
    http://www.somethingforthewickend.com

I am very interested in this capability as well.
    Thanks,
    Roger Carr
    <A href="http://www.sunclothingetc.com" target="_blank">www.sunclothingetc.com</a>

Comment

One of my customers has adapted the catalog summary report to do this - prices are VAT exclusive by default in this report though, he only uses a single tax rate for all products and so was able to calculate the VAT. It's tricky because really you want your catalog to be high quality and impressive and the catalog summary report isn't really, it makes a nice price list though if your pricing structure is simple enough.

I have also heard of people putting the website onto a CD and sending that out. People can do everything except order.

Regards
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi
        All the data for the site is held in tables in the Actinic database. Using Access it should be fairly easy to construct a query that makes a table which includes Section name, product code, name, descriptions, price (including VAT if required) plus the picture locations.
        The resultant table can be loaded into any DTP package which has a database publisher component and hopefully laid out as a catalogue. Which can then be put into Acrobat format.
        Howard

Comment

It is fairly easy to produce that data from the access database until you start to include components and permutuations, linked products, the different pricing options and so on - they make it much harder. Not impossible though.

Regards
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Howard. I have used the Database with Access 2000 but unfortunately my skill with Access isn't all that and is very basic. I know I can build a house by wacking up 4 walls, sticking some windows and doors in and putting a roof on top, but the reality is I couldn't build a house.
            I do have Publisher and QuarkXpress. I think I'll have to do a catalogue manually.

Comment

unfortunately actinic does not store images within the products database and no reporting or DTP programs allow dynamic images from external files - inserting product images would be a manual process

Comment

Working...
              X