Protx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protx

I am trying to get my protx to work with V7. I have the account all set up and passwords etc.
    I have entered the ID and secret key into actinic.
    I got the wrror message
    "Incomplete information submitted. The VendorTxCode field may be missing or you may have used an incorrect encryption password"

and protx told me how to add the encription password to the file
    OCCprotxScriptTemplate.pl

and also to change the

"Increase the version number within the OCCUpgrade.ini, file located at the root of the OCCUpgrade folder.
    At the top of the file are the lines that look like this:
    [Version]
    Number=1045
    Increment the Number by 1 and save the file. Close the editor"

but my number is not 1045. It is 1107 so I did not change it.
    I still get the error message
    "Incomplete information submitted. The VendorTxCode field may be missing or you may have used an incorrect encryption password"

anyone got any ideas?
    thanks
    Brett

As they said, increment the number by one, ADD one on to the number you have.

Comment

If your number is different add 1 to th enumber or to be safe add a few but make sure it is a higher number.

It works.

Comment

Actinic/Protx issue

Hi- I have the same issue as above, and have followed the Protx instructions to try to solve it, with no result. I have been using Protx successfully for over a year, but have just upgraded from Catalog to Developer. A couple of things:
        1. following Protx's instructions I open the OCCProtxScriptTemplate.pl in notepad and there is already an encryption password there- I assume this is my current password (I don't have a record of it to check) so I save & close this file.
        2. Following instructions again I look in the Actinic Root\OCCUpgrade folder for the file OCCUpgrade.ini but there's no file of that name there- however I do have an OCC Upgrade file marked as "configuration settings" which has the relevant details in. I incremented the number I have there by 1 as instructed, save and close the file.

When I open Actinic again I'm meant to see a message saying my settings have been upgraded, but I don't. I try refreshing the site, but there's no change. I'm obviously missing something, can anyone help?
        Thank you, again...
        Ben
        Ben
        http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

Comment

Sorry- this is happening on www.fairyglass.co.uk. :-)
          Ben

Comment

When I open Actinic again I'm meant to see a message saying my settings have been upgraded, but I don't. I try refreshing the site, but there's no change. I'm obviously missing something, can anyone help?

Try adding increasing the number by a few ie add more than 1.

Comment

Hi- thanks for the quick response. I've added 1, then 1 more, then another 4- still the same. As I mentioned, the file does not have the exact name, but looks to be the right one... there is no file in the location they specify with the correct name. Any other ideas?
              Ben

Comment

The full path to the correct folder is C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\OCCUpgrade

You should see two sub folders Common and Backup, install.log OCCUpgrade.log Unwise.exe and OCCUpgrade.ini - which is configuration settings.

Your PC must be set up to not show known file extensions. You can sort this by going to Start | Control Panel | Folder Options and deselect (clear/un tick) hide known extensions.
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill,
                  Thanks- I'm in the right file then. I've gone back today and checked again- attempting the overwrite of existing files this time has changed my encryption code to "testvendor" so I've contacted Protx for the actual code. Once I've got this I'll add it and try again.
                  I appreciate your help!
                  Ben
                  Ben

Comment

Working...
                  X