Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Images not loading

Hi All
    I tried to place images into my catalogue section using Product Details Screen...whenever I load a JPG image, it does not show up , but the standard GIF ones with the site show up...is t a matter of size or what...

TIA

Actinic does not treat gif and jpg files and differently.

If the image files are stored in your Site1 directory, and you added them to the product by clicking the browse button and selecting the image file name while in the actinic product general tab - then something is indeed wrong.

If your images are elsewhere, or you 'added' them using another method, you need to move the images to the Site1 folder AND/OR use the browse and select methos to add them.
    Last edited by wjcampbe; 08-Oct-2005, 07:29 PM. Reason: add the rest of the answer
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Bill
      Thanks for your reply..I think I know what the problem is...I just changed all the file names of all the images that I down loaded..they were very long..>30 char...and it seems to work now...

I am actually doing a gallery web site..and eventually I will be downloading 100s of images, how do I do that, using the Import facility?

Comment

Have not done it myself, but understand the procedure to be

1. Copy all images to the Site1 folder
        2. Manually load several products complete with all required detail levels.
        3. Export the catalog to get the correct file format.
        4. Expand the exported file to include all the new product details - taking care not to break the format.
        5. Import the expanded file and check the results.

perhaps someone who has actually done this will chime in with some tips and warnings.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Bill
          Thanks...much appreciated...u r a star

Comment

Working...