Checkout not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkout not working

I am a wine merchant and (in preparation for the new licensing laws) I have spent some time today adding “Under 18” warnings to my website. This included adding some extra html to the Order Phase 2 template for the Checkout. Having updated my site, I tried putting a test order through the website. However, when I clicked on Checkout, I got the following message:

Method Not Allowed
    The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /www.lsfinewines.co.uk/cgi-bin/os000001.pl.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at clarahost.clara.net Port 443

During today, I have also changed a few things in Design Options (but only really e-mail address details, etc) which really should not make any difference.

I believe that my web hosting company (Clara.net) is in the process of migrating all its customers' websites over to a new server, although I have not received notification that mine is to be migrated yet.

Is the problem I am encountering down to something I have done, or is it a problem with the server?

Please help!
    Leon

There have been several posts about Clara over the past few days, it seems they have been "upgrading".

Take a look at these other threads to see if they give you a clue. I suspect the problem lies with Claranet and not with your copy of actinic.

At Pinbrook we taken on a few new clients this week, due to checkouts not working with Claranet. These same sites have uploaded onto our server and worked without problem.

Comment

Checkout not working

It is now six and a half hours since I first spoke to the Claranet "support"(!) people. Still no sign of my checkout working. It is very tempting to switch hosts, but no doubt very expensive and time consuming. Despite the fact that I have built a website, I am still daunted by the prospect of loading my site onto another server.

All very frustrating. My business is still very young, and I by no means make sales every day, but who knows what I am missing whilst this problem persists?

What are you charges for hosting an online shop with SSL?
      Leon

Comment

Checkout now working

Sorted now - it was, I am told, a "script error". I believe I am not the first person to have had this problem. All's well that ends well, I suppose, but let's hope Claranet are going to put their house in order - perhaps they have got too big, too quickly. No excuse, though.
        Leon

Comment

I know it's a long time since the thread started here, but I am getting the exact same problem, also with claranet. However, they tell me it's not a problem at their end as "some scripts are working and some are not. If it was a problem at claranet then no scripts would be working." They told me to try uploading the script again, but beyond refreshing and uploading the whole site I don't know where to start. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

fwiw I am using V6.1.3.0.0.0.DHBA. The checkout was working and then stopped working without me having made any alterations to the site apart from uploading after selling stock out.

Ian
          flyingbooks secondhand, rare and collectable aviation books and publications

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got

Comment

Hi,

Have you tried doing a complete refresh of the site? Web | refresh Website

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce,
              Thanks for replying. I have tried this several times without success.

Ian

Comment

Hi,

The next thing to try will be...

1. Manually FTP to your server

2. Delete all the .pl and .pm files within your /cgi-bin/ folder

3. Delete all the .cat within your /acatalog/ folder

4. Within your local PC, please go to 'C:\Program Files\Actinic vx\Sites\Site1'

5. Delete all the .pl and .pm and .cat files here as well

6. Go to the folder 'C:\Program Files\Actinic vx\Original' and copy the .pl and .pm and paste them back into your Site1 folder

Now do a complete refresh of the site and let us know how it has gone.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Hello Bruce,
                  Thanks for your advice. I have tried this twice now, just in case I missed something the first time, and still get the same error. Do you have any other suggestions or is it time to go back to claranet?

Comment

Cobbler

Keep hassling Claranet until you get it sorted - I've found that to be the only way. Their customer service is pretty poor, but if you persist, they will eventually fix your problem.

Clearly they have become too big, too quickly, and their organisation seems to be in disarray, to the point where communication between the technical people and the people manning the phones leaves a lot to be desired.

Although my checkout now works, I have had a few other niggles. I believe these are all "migration" problems, and I currently have no stats package.
                    Leon

Comment

Working...
                    X